In this article
YoPrint allows you to configure your own Payment Terms as presets so that you can save time entering data. In this article, we will walk you through the process of managing your Payment Terms presets.
Creating Payment Terms
Let's assume your typical order terms are 30% deposit due 15 days after an order has been created and the total amount due 30 days after an order has been fulfilled. Let's create a Payment Term preset for this.
- Navigate to https://app.yoprint.com/setting/overview.
- Click on Payment Term on the Settings sidebar.
- Click on + Payment Term.
- Give your Payment Term a unique name and set the conditions as you like. In this case, we will be using the scenario below.
- Click Create once you're done inputting all the details.
Updating a Payment Term
- If you want to update a Payment Term, just click ⋮ on the right side and choose Edit.
- Click Save once you've finished editing.
Removing a Payment Term
- If you want to remove a Payment Term, click ⋮ on the right side and choose Remove.
- A word of warning, once you've removed a Payment Term, it's permanent and can't be undone. But you can always add a new Payment Term again.
Setting Default Payment Term for the Team
- To set a default Payment Team for your team, click ⋮ on the right side and choose Set as Default.
- You can always set another Payment Term as default anytime you like.
Setting Default Payment Term for the Customers
- Navigate to https://app.yoprint.com/customer.
- Select the customer that you want to set a default Payment Term for. Click ⋮ on the right side and click View.
- Go to Default Payment Term and click the pencil icon on the right.
- Choose which Payment Term you would like to set as default for the customer and click the ✓ to save your choice.
Using Payment Terms In A Sales Order
Now that your new Payment Term has been created, here's how to use it in a Sales Order.
- First, create a new Sales Order by navigating to https://app.yoprint.com/sales-order.
- Next, click on the Payment Terms pencil icon located on the right side of the Sales Order draft.
- Select your Payment Term and Save it.
- Proceed with your Sales Order to create it. Once your Sales Order is created, our system auto-calculates the deposit to be paid based on the conditions of the Payment Term.
Tip: Save time by setting your most frequently used Payment Term as default, so it gets automatically applied to all new Sales Order
One Time Payment Terms
Our select Payment Term dialog is flexible and allows you to customize Payment Terms per order basis for those one-time use cases. You can freely change the full amount due date, deposit due date, is a deposit required, and the deposit percentage at any time.
Note: You can only edit the Payment Terms in a draft Sales Order. To edit, navigate to the Quick Actions button and click on Edit Order.