QR Code vs Code 128
In this article
YoPrint has a built-in barcode system designed to streamline your workflow. We currently support two types of barcodes: QR Codes (recommended) and Code 128 (legacy).
What is a Code 128?
Code 128 is a linear barcode that can encode up to 128 alphanumerical characters. This is commonly found on goods sold everywhere.
What is a QR Code?
QR code is the new generation of barcodes that is quickly becoming the new
By default, YoPrint uses QR code due to its superior advantages:
- Can be easily read by smartphones, tablets, and our built-in barcode scanner
- Holds up hundreds of times more information than a conventional barcode
- Can be read in any direction
- Takes up lesser space than barcodes
What if I want to use Code 128?
You can easily switch from QR to Code 128 as it supports any 1D barcode scanner.
- Navigate to https://app.yoprint.com/setting/overview
- Click on General in the sidebar.
- Under the PDF Configuration, disable the Use QR Code.